Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Friendship is the best music...

According to Wikipedia, synaesthesia is "a neurologically-based condition in which stimulation of one sensory or cognitive pathway leads to automatic, involuntary experiences in a second sensory or cognitive pathway". In other words, letters might have colors or a date on the calendar might correspond to a place. It's a very fascinating thing to read about. Although I don't have this ability, I do have something that might be similar: every time I think of some of my friends, a song instantly pops into my head. They might be songs that this person likes, songs that remind me of things that happened with my friends, or even songs that I've heard somebody play over and over again. I can't think of the song without thinking of their version. After some consideration, I cam up with a crazy idea: Why don't I put these songs together into a music mix and let my friends figure out what song is about them? As soon as I told Brittney about the idea, she said "DO IT", so here it is!

I'm sure all of you will be able to figure out what song is about you, and some of you might be able to figure out other people's songs (especially since some of them are painfully obvious). If you're reading this and you don't see a song about you, don't feel bad. I'll think of one eventually.

1.) Elvis Costello - "Alison"
2.) Ben Folds Five - "Kate"
3.) Eagle-Eye Cherry - "Save Tonight"
4.) Pixies - "Where Is My Mind?"
5.) The Cars - "My Best Friend's Girl"
6.) Captain Beefheart - "Her Eyes Are A Blue Million Miles"
7.) Traveling Wilburys - "Handle With Care"
8.) Faith No More - "We Care A Lot"
9.) The Band - "I Shall Be Released"
10.) Black Eyed Peas - "I Gotta Feeling"
11.) Men Without Hats - "Safety Dance"
12.) Frank Zappa - "Disco Boy"
13.) Billy Joel - "You May Be Right"
14.) Grateful Dead - "Not Fade Away"
15.) Primus - "Too Many Puppies"
16.) Robert Palmer - "Bad Case Of Loving You"

If you want to make this list into a CD, just tell me and I'll upload the songs in a format you can easily burn.

1 comment:

  1. Here's a breakdowon of how I met the people in the mix:

    6 are about people I work with or have worked with

    4 are about people I've played music with over the years

    5 are about friends I talk to online

    3 are about girls I've went out with and/or who I'm going out with (depending on how you look at it)

    There is some overlap in this numbering system.

    ReplyDelete