Friday, March 4, 2011

Better late than never!

I literally just noticed that David from Indians Baseball Cards gave me a response to my post asking for ideas for things to write about. TWO YEARS AGO.

--David said...
I'll bite - how did your profile picture come about?
March 18, 2009 8:52 PM

Here's the lovely bit of digital imagery he's talking about, in a larger version. Bask in the glory (or, um, whatever, y'know) of the best pictures to have been taken of me in... oh, pretty much ever.

Me, 8/15/08

First of all, let's go back a bit further in time. I'm gonna set the Wayback Machine to October 3, 1998. I was a senior attending Paden City High School. I was also a major band geek at the time. I had been playing drums since the 5th grade, and the marching band was a big part of my life. Here's me in my marching band uniform, because everyone knows chicks dig guys in uniform:

Photobucket

That picture was taken at a Bands Of America regional show that was held at Mountaineer Field in Morgantown, WV. It was my first time on AstroTurf, which was pretty cool. I also met three really cool girls that were members of a band that came in from Pennsylvania, one of which would become my first kinda-sorta girlfriend. (I say "kinda-sorta" because I only saw her in real life twice: once at this show, and once at BOA the following year, which I won't talk about because it was probably the first time my heart had been broken.) Oh, and we did pretty good for being the smallest band there (around 40 members compared to some of the bigger bands like Centerville).

Let's fast forward a bit now, to the middle of 2008. One of the other girls finds me out of the blue on Facebook (or was it MySpace?), and we start talking again. She ends up coming down to visit me. We were sitting on the front porch at my mom's house, and we were messing around with the camera I had at the time. The sun was really bright that day, and I could barely open my eyes because of it. She went to take a picture of me and my squintiness, and I raised my eyebrow at her. She laughed and took the picture. Things kinda fell apart for us after that visit (I haven't talked to her since), but I still have that picture, as well as some good memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment