Friday, February 27, 2009

FAVORITE STORIES: The Strip Club Incident (G-Rated, I promise!)

Since I don't have anything new and exciting to write about, I thought I'd write about some of my favorite memories. Some are a little embarrassing, but that's OK. I only have two or three that I can remember now, but I'm sure I'll think of others. Here's the first one I can think of, something I like to call The Strip Club Incident.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know how well the readers of this blog know me, but some of you might be surprised to know that I've been to a strip club. I think I was about 13 or 14 at the time, and I didn't have much fun because my mom and oldest sister were there, too.

It all started when my mom, my sister Teresa and I went to the mall in Parkersburg (well, technically Vienna, but it's close enough). On the way back, my sister's van started stalling every few minutes. We'd have to park the van along the side of the road and let it cool down for a few minutes before then engine would start back up. That must've happened 4 or 5 times before the engine finally died. Fortunately we were at the top of a hill and there was a place at the bottom where we could park. Unfortunately, it turned out to be the parking lot for a strip club.

When we got there, the only person there was the owner. He was a pretty nice guy, from what I can remember. He gave us bottles of water and let us use the phone. My sister called her husband, and he came to pick us up. Before we went home, we stopped at a greenhouse in Marietta, Ohio. Since all the adults were in the cab of the truck we were riding in, I had to ride in the back of the truck. Sitting on a spare tire in the back of a truck (with a camper shell on it, fortunately) for two hours isn't very comfortable, let me tell you.

We never figured out what was wrong with the van. We went on a trip in it a couple weeks after that, and it ran fine. My sister still has it, too. It has WAY over 200,000 miles on it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment